GroupM's new technology platform unit, [m]PLATFORM, is looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our team. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for tasks around data understanding and data enablement. This reaches from hypotheses testing, data experiments, and predictive and prescriptive analysis, over development of modeling algorithms and prototypes, to data integration and ETL design.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Manager of Data Science, [m]PLATFORM, Singapore
3 best things about the job:
- Working with world-class data and analytics scientists and engineers globally.
- Having access to richest industry database for testing hypotheses, building models, etc.
- Ability to stay in-touch with academic world through publications and conferences.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- You will be up to speed with [m]PLATFORM project(s) requirements and have a good understanding of the overall workflow of projects and processes.
- You will be working with other data scientists, engineers, and business analysts to discover predictive insights, and translate them into improved decision making and performance outcomes.
- You will be fairly familiar with our Big Data processing/machine learning/optimization in the cloud infrastructures.
In six months:
- You will be leveraging on Big Data tools to build novel statistical and machine learning solutions, models and prototypes accurately and efficiently.
- You will be engaging with the relevant Product Managers to understand and prepare for potential technology transfer.
- You will be keeping up with recent advances in Big Data processing, machine learning and optimization.
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the current pipeline.
In twelve months:
- You will have deep technical knowledge of the [m]PLATFORM tools and models, and the ability to conceive, architect and build key analytics components to suit our business needs and bring value to our customers.
- You will be working closely with key Product Managers and a multi-disciplinary team for potential matured research technology transfers into large-scale, high availability live production systems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Complex data analysis, hypothesis testing, data preparation, product prototyping and development of prognostic models for the platform based on modern statistical methods.
- Support the development team and product management team in [m]PLATFORM development efforts including consultative partnering, collaboration, sharing plans, information and resources.
- Identify problem areas and develop plans to overcome any issues to ensure that the project of it is achievable.
- Contribute to the development of the data science prototype framework
- Use systems and internal processes efficiently and integrate these in daily work. Fulfill high IT literacy and technical and specialist requirements for further deployment of the framework.
- Be part of a lean yet highly effective agile organization. Demonstrate an ability to do more with less, with a history of identifying and exploiting opportunities for efficiency improvements.
What you will need:
- Minimum - Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc plus 1-3 years professional experience; Ph.d w/ professional experience, highly desirable
- Experience in data analysis and multivariate statistics.
- Deep understanding of physics, mathematics, computer science or similar, or several years of research and application experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problems
- Familiarity with Java, Scala and Python
- Expertise in statistical programming languages such as R
- Understanding of Big Data architectures and solutions such as Spark, Hadoop and/or column oriented SQL databases.
- Experience working in startups, startup divisions, or newly launched technology organizations, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.