Manager, Planning – Mindshare, Malaysia
Overview of job
Mindshare Malaysia, a leading global media and marketing services agency are looking for talent as Manager, Planning specialist to lead its client engagement team on a top ranking FMCG account. The role will involve guiding the client with strategic inputs and handling a team to ensure great execution of creative media plans.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director / Director
3 best things about the job:
- Work on creative, award winning ideas with a client who is ready to take risks and experiment.
- Learn some of the most advanced practices and processes in strategic media planning.
- Learn and deliver on innovative digital strategy and execution.
Measures of success –
In 3 months:
- Lead a team handling a set of brands.
- Interact with regional teams handling the client.
In six months, you would have:
- Be responsible for creating innovative plans on assigned brands, and in charge of winning awards for this work.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Be able to lead some parts of the planning portfolio independently.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Should have a sound knowledge of media planning principles, and be able to guide the client on investment queries.
- Able to handle a team, supervise and train them. She/he should understand media owners’ ways of working to oversee flawless execution.
- This person will need to work as a part of a large team handling a large client. Hence, should be a team player, ready to work together with people.
- The person should have digital planning experience – will be responsible for the strategic inputs across media including digital.
What you will need:
- Strong media strategic ability (traditional and new media).
- Team player – handle people + work with people.
- 5 years’ experience in Media Agency.
- Experience in client servicing for FMCG clients will be an added advantages.
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for date, insights and ideation.
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
As Malaysia moves towards its goal of becoming a developed nation by 2020, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Looking ahead to 2018, Malaysia is one of the focus markets for securing the latest versions of our global programmatic technology, data management platforms and cross-media analytics. Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.