Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Section Engineer - Highways role that will be based in one of our transportation projects in Kuwait.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- The role requires undertaking detailed design of highway, drainage and infrastructure elements of projects including attendance at project meetings, liaising with other disciplines, producing detailed design to meet with design and construction programs.
- Assist in managing and designing projects to required time scales
- Work with the highways design team, undertaking consultancy work for civil projects.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of projects, ensuring that the performance is in accordance with their respective scope of services and conditions of contract.
- Coordinate and liaise as may be required with all relevant local authority departments associated with completing the project.
- Manage and report to the client and Resident Engineer on all aspects of the project.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of submittal, reviews and approvals against contract requirements. Report and advice on deviations from the same.
- Assist in the execution, pursuit, assessment and review of future opportunities for project work and Consultancy services.
- Road Supervision which included Structures and Bridges
- Managerial skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional membership preferable
- 12 years’ experience in infrastructure and road construction work.
- 5 years in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Ideal candidate to be based in the Kuwait or Middle East
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.