Requisition ID: 165229
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Managed Services supports marketers through the campaign execution lifecycle. Working within the F4S model, our goal is to simplify campaign execution, improve data quality and consistency, and enable informed analysis and decision-making. We achieve our goals through standardized, automated and scalable methods.
This is achieved through simplification, standardization, automation and scalable methods with a focus on process improvements. Core Managed Services portfolio include:
- Plan and set-up campaigns
- Create analytically driven target lists
- Route responses and lead management
- Govern contact data acquisition and maintenance
- Enable marketing and sales field support and tool training
This position is in Managed Services Regional Services Delivery function focused on:
- Integrative services design, delivery, and engagement management in support of demand execution activities
- Business process optimization via benchmarking, analysis and field deployment
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Engagement Manager is the primary day-to-day contact point for regional business stakeholders. It is his/her role to contribute to and execute against the annual business development plan for regional Managed Services with the goal of systematically increasing marketing effectiveness and efficiency by implementing and maintaining processes, operational standards, best practices, data, metrics, insights, and systems to enable marketing to conduct marketing activities and measure results. Specifically, the Engagement Manager is responsible for interacting with stakeholders and coordinating execution activities across all Operations functions, including shared service teams, to ensure quality delivery, on time and on budget.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
The Regional Engagement Manager position requires the ability to manage Managed Services’ day-to-day relationship with business stakeholders.
- Earn and maintain stakeholder’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in the business of marketing and each stakeholders particular area of focus within Marketing and Marketing execution – strategy/objectives, key issues/challenges, process and expectations/requirements
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of Managed Services
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of Operations management and business stakeholders
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising management with sufficient time and detail to mitigate challenges
Run Operations And Project Oversight
The Engagement Manager position requires the ability to successfully focus the efforts of regional marketing operations to ensure continued functioning of run activities in accordance with annual plan and stakeholder objectives and expectations regarding quality and service level agreements. The Engagement Manager is also responsible for identifying, scoping and managing special projects through completion - on time, within budget and with a minimum of disruption to daily activity.
- Understand the full range of marketing operations functions and services and effectively incorporate them into day-to-day or project related discussions/activitie
- Effectively coordinate, collect requirements, and monitor the work of operations team members engaged with day-to-day services delivery or assigned to special projects – including back office resources involved in the execution of business processes and stakeholder requests
- Ensure timeliness and quality of work, stakeholder transparency and communication and appropriate mitigation/handling of risk and escalations
- Provide input to and participate in, monthly and quarterly reviews and summaries on operations achievement against plan and budget, team utilization, stakeholder satisfaction
Analytic and Planning Abilities
The Engagement Manager is required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills – “what if”, “critical” and “judicious” approaches to business issues and initiatives.
- Clearly establish priorities and objectives for business plans and initiatives
- Use analytic tools to size audiences, and inform go to market approaches
- Help develop, articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon strategies
- Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push his/her, the business and/or operations thinking/work in new directions
- Demonstrate an ability to develop a range of alternatives for business/operations decision-making
- Identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to highlight general opportunities and implications
- Develop and articulate initial points-of-view relative to strategic and executional alternatives
Virtual Team Leadership And Facilitation
The Engagement Manager position requires the ability to successfully coordinate and motivate a virtual team, crossing operations and business silo’s to ensure the smooth functioning of run operations processes and the achievement of business objectives related to special projects
- Outline expectations of, and communicate effectively with team members
- Develop and support a positive mindset that encourages cross-ops and business stakeholders to identify as “one team”
- Establish rapport and trust across the team - acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points-of-view
- Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team recommendations and decision-making
- 3-6 years professional experience with demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Marketing experience – marketing planning and execution (tactical execution planning and management, performance analysis/management), conceptual application and use of analytics and models
- Operations experience – campaign execution management (campaign set-up, targeting, segmentation, list extract), response handling (data uploads/updates, routing, rules, suppressions/exceptions/permissions) data acquisition/maintenance, CRM
- Experience in marketing strategy development, business process analysis, organizational familiarity with SAP and consulting experience (client services, business analysis, project management) a plus
- Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for self and team, organizing work to handle multiple tasks/projects efficiently, effectively and productively
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor\
Presentation/ Selling Skills
- Comfortable and effective in drafting materials for and presenting to a wide range of business colleagues and stakeholders
- Clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings
- Well-rehearsed and prepared for the unexpected (good on feet)
- Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff
- Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Regional Manager, ERP, Consulting, Drafting, Business Development, Management, Technology, Engineering, Sales