The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom’s objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
We are currently seeking an innovative Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will initially be responsible for delivering training courses on Alstom European Train Control System (ETCS) equipment both to internal employees as well as our customer, Sydney Trains and Transport for NSW. This will include how to test & commission, maintain and troubleshoot Alstom ETCS equipment. In addition, this position will also undertake liaison with Alstom HQ in France, be involved with technical modifications and fault reporting.
Key Responsibilities for This Role Include:
- Provide recommendations and input to maintenance training material development
- Deliver training sessions to the customer and internal staff
- Ensure customer staff are adequately knowledgeable on Alstom equipment to perform maintenance and testing & commissioning activities
- Lead technical modifications in liaison with Alstom France
- Develop monthly report on key metrics and present it to the customer and internally
- Support Installation, test & commissioning teams as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical/electronic engineering or significant trade experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Previous experience delivering technical training, preferably in a rail environment
- Previous experience with ETCS/ATP systems
- Strong coordination and communication skills
- Excellent coordination skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
To apply for this position, be considered for other vacancies or to view other Alstom roles please visit our website at: https://jobsearch.alstom.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=australia