Are you a dedicated and experienced Early Childhood professional?
Do you like to think differently?
We have a unique and exciting opportunity available with our fantastic team at Goodstart Early Learning Glendale.
About the Role
Goodstart Early Learning have a wonderful and rewarding position available for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Goodstart Glendale. This centre is part of a unique initiative being run by Goodstart offering an intensive, integrated approach to Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO).
What is EChO?
Our EChO initiative is a targeted approach within Goodstart’s Social Inclusion Strategy that builds on our universally available early learning and care programs. The approach uses an Enhanced Service Delivery Model to provide wrap around intensive and sustainable resources to Goodstart Early Learning centres located in communities where children are more vulnerable to poor outcomes.
Our EChO centres support children within an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach. We also provide additional resources to allow time for family engagement, community connections and referrals as well as developing additional services such as playgroups, transport and nutrition support.
The successful Teacher will provide effective leadership in a trans-disciplinary team to deliver enhanced, evidence-informed services for children and families experiencing disadvantage and facing multiple risks. You will involve team members and families in collaborative planning, consultative processes, feedback mechanisms, decision making and implementation of a range of solutions to achieve learning, development and wellbeing outcomes.
You will apply skills underpinned by contemporary research to guide educators and yourself to achieve best outcomes for children’s learning, contributing to the program and practice to meet or exceed the National Quality Standard.
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Experience delivering high quality and inclusive learning programs and implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and relevant state based curriculum.
- Experience in delivering integrated early childhood services in areas of disadvantage
- Knowledge of Attachment Theory and Circle of Security
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of enhanced, evidence informed services for children and families experiencing disadvantage and facing multiple risks.
- Partnering with external stakeholders including, but not limited to Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Child and Family Practitioners and Maternal Health Nurses.
- Experience with leading and managing change within education, health or community services
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT).
- Hold Teachers NSW Accreditation
- Hold NSW Working with Children’s card
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Qualification in Community services, social work or allied health disciplines (desired)
This is a challenging and multifaceted role where you will provide strong leadership, great communication and excellent planning and organisational skills to deliver the best possible services to our children, families and educators.
Position Information & Benefits
- 2 year fixed-term position
- Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Competitive above award remuneration
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Work alongside Pedagogical Experts
- Transfer Opportunities – Over 650 centres Australia Wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
A move to Goodstart Glendale means becoming immersed in early education that is meaningful and stimulating, helping to equip children with the tools they need to be successful in their journey towards school and life.
Goodstart Early Learning is for Children, not for profit. We are entirely Australian owned so you can be confident that Children truly are our first priority.
Apply for this position
To apply, please click the "Apply Now" link or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please email Rachelle Maddox on email@example.com
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and we look to reflect this commitment in our employees. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
Posting Notes: GLENDALE, NEWCASTLE || NSW || Australia (AU) || NSW & ACT - Region 20 || || Bachelor (ECT) 4yr || Full-Time